Chesterton Biplane or Triplane
C.Wallis, C.Knightly, P.Booth & E.Muller of High Street, Old Chesterton, Cambridge were four friends who were all scientific instrument makers. They built a gilder in 1910 which was ready for testing in May of that year. The wings were 35ft span and 5ft chord with control by warping. The intention was to take off from a launching trolley while being towed downhill from a site at Royston. If sucessful it was intended to fit an engine of 25-30hp. Nothing more is known.
This website is constantly being updated and if anyone has any further information that they can pass on, please do get in touch.